Friday, January 20, 2012

All in the Details

Take Two ~

Every detail counts.

There's probably no event which that holds true for,
more than a Wedding.

Aside from my usual sewing projects, you know...
the upholstery, window treatments and quilts, I have my little Etsy shop, where I sell my handmade table linens, cloth napkins, table runners, and the like.  I do lots of projects with Brides-To-Be.  You can see some of my earlier wedding projects here.

Well just last week, one of my brides (yes they are "my brides" once I work with them), let me know that her wedding was published in "STYLE ME PRETTY"!

SO ~ I just had to share it with you!
First ~ The Bride ~


Location, location, location...


The Grand View Lodge, Nisswa, Minnesota.


Now, KK didn't want your cookie-cutter wedding or reception.  She wanted her guests to feel comfortable, as if they were at a summer party, something unique, with lots of charm.



Milk glass vases belonging to her Mother.


Burlap table runners for some old-fashioned charm.


Roses with Queen Anne's Lace in blue mason jars...
what could be prettier than that?

The brides bouquet wrapped in ticking stripe.




She didn't want to waste money renting the typical reception items, so the ticking stripe fabric was used to make tablecloths...


The cotton napkins were sweet country prints ( I think we used 16 different fabrics ).  She'll never have to buy napkins again for the rest of her life! 


A sweet reminder of her very special day,
that she can use every day.


The ticking fabric will be used to  upholster her kitchen chairs, and outdoor furniture this summer.






Keeping with the outdoor summer party vibe, the menu included fried chicken, mac n cheese, and corn on the cob...  YUM!


Even BBQ sandwiches...
Feels more like south Georgia than Minnesota,
and I LOVE IT!


Cotton Candy, too!


Tender moments...


with furry friends, too.


And they lived Happily Ever After.



 Wedding Design & Coordination: Elizabeth Anne Weddings / Wedding Photography: Whitney Furst for Laura Ivanova Photography


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. It’s exactly what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG... how in the world did I miss this one?? REALLY?? That's the wedding you were talking about, WOW Daisy, you did a GREAT JOB.
    How wonderful for her to share it all with us. I'm not blown away by your awesomeness, because I know how talented you are, but how sweet the whole wedding was. And leaving in a boat??? WOW. LOVE IT.
    You should share this one with my daughter Brittany on her wedding blog. Right up her alley.
    Thank you for being my wonderful talented, sweet GA. friend.
    I miss you Daisy.
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came over to follow you cause Claudie said to tell you "Hey Daisy"! What a delightful wedding. You know how to put together a wonderful memory for your bride(s)! Glad to meet you and wish you a beautiful weekend! Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is neat, Teresa. So, so neat. Great job on your linens, and the bride is just lovely as can be.

    Hope your fall is going well...

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

My Grandmother always told me, "If you hang around with skunks, you're gonna get some stink on you."