Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's All in the Details

I know it's been a while...
I've been busy working, just haven't been blogging much
lately. My heart just hasn't been in it. Some of you know,
my Grandmother, my mentor, has been in very poor
health. I had a little reminder this morning, of how
visiting with my blogging friends can lift my spirits,
remind me of what is important, and inspire me.
Thank you Mrs. Magpie. Now, there is a Lady
that appreciates a properly set table!



With that in mind, I'll share a few little projects I've worked on
lately. When it comes to weddings, every little detail counts.
Right down to the napkins. With wedding favors in little
picket fence themed baskets, place card holders in the form
of topiaries with little birds, and woodland centerpieces, Kim
wanted her cloth napkins to add that final finishing touch.
So I helped her to find just the right fabric,
(little love birds in a swing) and rushed
these out to California in time for the wedding.


Thank you for sharing the photos Kim!
I am every bit as proud of my little projects, like this,
as I am of the larger projects that I work on.
Some of you know that when I'm not working on my
upholstery projects, window treatments, or quilts, I make
cloth napkins for my etsy shop. Cloth napkins are such a
simple thing, but something I believe in. I would never
serve a meal with paper towels, paper plates, or plastic
utensils. Eeeeeew!


This wedding was for a lovely Lady named Sarah,
from Massachusettes. Her wedding was held in
a Historical Inn. The bouquets and centerpieces
were bright and beautiful mixed flowers.


The tablecloths were white, with long burlap tablerunners.



The napkins were bright mixed prints.


Every detail counts!


Now what could this be?
What is it about a Big Red Barn that we all love?


Maybe a reminder of yesteryear...
A beckoning to the country, down a little dirt road,
away from the hustle and bustle...
to a place of quiet and serenity,
and a paring down.
Getting back to simplicity,
and to the things that are truly the most important.
If I had a dream wedding...
it would be just like this one.

To Me....
a wedding is NOT about the huge production,
NOT about the Grand Cathedral,
NOT about the huge reception hall,
NOT about limousines and grand processions.


This is what it's all about....


a man and a woman...


and a promise to each other.


THAT is what it's all about.
Thank you Gretchen for choosing me to add the finishing
touches to your perfect wedding day!
For this project, I made the extra long, extra wide muslin drapes,
for the barn doors. Inside the barn, there were haybales for
seating. I made covers for the haybales in yellow and brown
to match the sunflowers held by the bride and bridesmaids.
The reception was held outdoors. The tables were covered with
long white tablecloths, the haybales were covered with red
cotton covers, tied on the corners, and old fashioned
red and white gingham napkins.
If you're looking for just the
right finishing touches for your wedding, be it tablecloths,
barn door drapes, burlap table runners,
or cloth napkins...
I can help!

6 comments:

  1. Teresa, you are so sweet, and that shines through in this post and also in the sweet comments you left for me on Eddie's blog. Thank you SO much. I appreciate your kindness more than you know! :-)

    Now, look at those tables and these events! What fun! And you found the perfect fabric for those darling napkins. I love them! You did a great job, Teresa. Love the burlap runners, too, and I love that entire wedding in the barn. Every detail sounds perfect. I also like the fact that one bride decided to mix the napkins. That's very clever. Thanks so much for sharing these weddings with us. I loved each and every picture.

    Hope you and your son are doing well and that you are enjoying some nice fall days. It's a little on the damp side here, but for the most part, it's been nice.

    Sending you hugs and love across the miles...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Sending loving prayers to your grandmother and to you for being such a devoted granddaughter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow -- beautiful!! Love cloth napkins! You are inspiring! Have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful weddings and you added perfection to an already perfect day! Love the wedding in the barn! The flowers, the burlap runners....perfect!

    Keeping you and your grandmother in my prayers!

    Lou Cinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Daisy, How on earth did I miss this? Maybe because you posted it on FB and I commented there, thinking it was your blog??
    I'm sorry for not coming earlier.
    Yes you did a FANTASTIC job, but then I know you are perfectionist, just like our Julie girl. I could just see the two of you together OMG... I would be sitting back getting sloshed just watching you two buzzing around getting everything perfect LOL
    Great job Daisy. I've missed ya darlin' really really a lot : (
    Love You
    Love Me
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teresa, I am so very sorry to hear the news about your dear grandmother. Claudie emailed me to let me know, and I have you in my thoughts this Christmas morning.

    How blessed your grandmother was to have you in her life, just as I know you were blessed to have her. I'm praying that the Lord will lift you close to His heart and hold you close in the days ahead. Please know I am thinking of you and sending you my deepest sympathy. It's never easy to lose the ones you love, whether nine or ninety.

    Love to you, sweet girl...

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

My Grandmother always told me, "If you hang around with skunks, you're gonna get some stink on you."