Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dang!

You know, I feel so truly blessed.
I have a home, a safe haven, and it's all mine, no one can ever take it away from me. With my home, I have one whole acre, to garden, and plant flowers, anywhere that I please.
I have 2 wonderful children..
my son, who will be 16 in 2 months, he is just the most wonderful child that anyone could ever ask for. He's polite, considerate, thoughtful... just the sweetest thing. My daughter, she's just like me. And she drives me crazy. And she keeps me in check, at the same time. Everything a little girl should be. They are my reason for every thing.
I'm blessed with my two hands...
I've always been told how talented I am.
Both of my grandmothers taught me their arts, their crafts. My passion for both came naturally. I love to create. There is a saying that goes...
"Live what you Love".
Well I do... everyday. I truly love my work, and sometimes, I can hardly believe that life can be this good. So many times, when I finish a project, and deliver it to a client, the most wonderful thing happens. I'm always searching for that look, on my clients face...
and when they see the fruits of my labor unveiled...
I see their faces light up, and the broad smile across their faces, that's just the icing on the cake. Some people, you know, just aren't huggers. Me? I'm a hugger... I love hugs. At the end of my projects, when I get big hugs, that's my bonus. And it tells me, yes, this is where I should be, this was the right path for me.
These gifts that I have been given, allow me to be at home with my angels, and to provide for them at the same time.
And believe me, it isn't lost on me, how hard times are on so many people right now. That's why I'm all the more grateful.

Well...
while all of the above is true...
life happens...
and bills happen...
like this one...


Have you been to the orthodontist lately?
DANG !!
I'm just sayin' ....
Holy Cow!
My baby needs braces...
So... looks like I've got to up my game a bit.
Even though I am blessed to always have work...
in fact, I usually have several weeks work waiting for me, at all times...
it looks like I'll be doing alot more work in the near future, and I'll be getting alot less sleep.
I'm sewing through my ginormous fabric stash... I will be adding lots of items to my etsy shop. You might see everything in there but the proverbial kitchen sink.
I've added some cute hand towels, pink toile pillows, and eco friendly market bags. I will be adding many eco friendly items to the shop, 'cause we do love this earth, and that's just one more thing that I try to teach my children.
So... anything I can make for you?
I'm just sayin'...

3 comments:

  1. "Props" to you Teresa, I know its not easy doing by yourself but you've made a remarkable life for yourself and your kids!! And the ortho, I use to have to chase my son down in jr.high and drag him to the orthodonist. He use to do stuff like take pliers to get his brackets off. Made me CRAZY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a single mom for a time period too. I had two in braces.......I feel your pain girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have braces....at 30...and if it makes you feel better mine were $5895.00 $$$$$$$$$$$ It is RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!! I want them put in a bag when they come off so I can take them and melt them down and get some of that cash back...clearly they must be platinum!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

My Grandmother always told me, "If you hang around with skunks, you're gonna get some stink on you."