Sunday, June 19, 2011

Life

Father's Day -

This is new...

There's a man that I call my Dad.
I only met him when I was 16 years old.
Not my biological "donor".... mind you.
I've got a few other names for that one...

This was a white knight, in shining armour...
He arrived on a stallion, a Hero,
and rescued the Queen (that would be my Mom),
from the Hell that her life had been, for so long.

I've never believed in fairy tales.
But ~
There is something that I have learned.

There can be happy endings,
after all.


If there is one thing that I can believe in,
it is this ~

Every tear,
every joy,
every mistake,
every heart-ache,
every lesson learned,
happens for a reason.

Call it God, fate, or karma...

Our lives unfold exactly the way they are meant to unfold.

What is meant to be,
will be.

Into each life, some rain must fall.

Without pain, we can't know true happiness.
Without loss, we can't appreciate what we have.

We all at some point, have to deal with those who would only bring us pain...

And sometimes...
When the wicked step-mothers in life,
would break the hearts of our children...

Good things can happen.

Maybe forgiveness,
maybe healing,
maybe peace.


The greatest happiness of life
 is the conviction that we are loved...
 loved for ourselves,
 or rather,
 loved in spite of ourselves.
                                     
                                            -Victor Hugo

4 comments:

  1. I love your post. You said "it" the exact way the stories of life should be told! I loved each and every word.

    Take care, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true my friend but some days I can't help but question everything and wonder WHY!
    Take care and hugs from Savannah, Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. You took the words right out of my mouth. "Why" is the only question I have right now. Thanks for the hugs... I needed one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow I missed this post on Father's Day.
    Good to know that "White Knights" truly do exist!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete

My Grandmother always told me, "If you hang around with skunks, you're gonna get some stink on you."