Friday, August 1, 2008

Beggin' to be Beaded



Traci purchased this fabric from "Lewis & Sheron" in Atlanta. It was discontinued so she got a deal on the fabric. It is gorgeous. Brown background with orchids, Iris and hummingbirds.

First, I made 2 window treatments for her formal dining room.



The window treatments were just perfect, but I was thinking... with the folds and pleats in the window treatments, you can't really appreciate how beautiful the fabric is. I wanted to use the remaining fabric in a way that you could really appreciate it. So I suggested a table runner.




On the ends, I used clear, teardrop austrian crystals. The table runner was 103 inches long, and heavily beaded through-out. All beads were purchased from my favorite bead place, http://www.firemountaingems.com/.



It took 6 months to finish this project.



And Traci loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Grandmother always told me, "If you hang around with skunks, you're gonna get some stink on you."